On this page you will find resources for how to stay safe and take care during severe weather and natural disaster.
If you have been watching the weather report you know there is a winter storm watch issued February 24 at 2:58PM PST until February 26 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
Please take this advance notice to ensure your family, friends, pets, homes and cars are prepared. I have included some resources below but in general think about:
- Light: Battery powered over candles
- Heat: Blankets, indoor heaters, generators, fireplace
- Water: Hydration is VERY important when its cold.
- Food: Ensure propane tanks are full if you need to use outdoor cooking appliances
- Car: fill up your gas tank and have a car kit with needed emergency supplies
- Stay safe during and after a winter storm
- Preparing for a winter storm
- Care for When It’s Cold – Multnomah County Warming Resources
- https://www.multco.us/help-when-its-hot – A great resource page for tips for different populations experiencing heat. This site also hosts cooling center locations when they are open.
- https://www.multco.us/help-when-its-hot/heat-illness-and-first-aid – Know the signs for heat related illnesses and how to respond.
- https://www.211info.org/get-help/housing-shelter/extreme-heat-cooling-centers/ – Find cooling centers near you.
- https://www.clackamas.us/relief – Cooling Centers in Clackamas County
- Take Care When it’s Hot flyer
Jackson County Community Long-Term Recovery Group
Catholic Charities of Oregon is the fiscal sponsor of the JCCLTRG. Help us serve the survivors of the 2020 Alameda and South Obenchain wildfires.
Catholic Charities of Oregon is the fiscal sponsor of the Lincoln County LTRG. Help us serve the survivors of the 2020 Otis wildfire.