Catholic Charities is proud of our longstanding commitment to hands-on learning. Our partnerships with academic institutions like Portland State University, University of Portland, George Fox, Lewis and Clark, and many others, allow Catholic Charities to provide a rich experience for students of all academic backgrounds and majors as they hone their skills and encounter the space where study meets practice.
If you are interested in learning more about internship opportunities, contact 503-688-2689, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be ready to discuss your academic program, and a preferred Catholic Charities program that you want to intern with. We will work to connect you with the right program. Please note that Catholic Charities has limited capacity for MSW students, and may not be able to accommodate more than 10 at a time.
Starting your application:
- Send program contact current resume, and any academic program requirements or information
- Download, or send a link to, the Reference Form to your academic program reference (program director, internship coordinator, or relevant professor). You may be required to submit TWO references, check with your Catholic Charities program contact.
- The reference should send the form directly to the Catholic Charities program contact. Please provide them with that information.
The Catholic Charities program staff will conduct interviews and make determinations on internship offers.
Once a conditional offer is extended, please complete the following:
- Background Check screening through Verified Volunteers (an invitation will be sent to you)
- If relevant for your internship, an additional screening through CRIMS may be needed, if your program contact tells you to, please download the CRIMS FORM and send it to the program contact, along with a copy of your ID.
- After acceptance of your background check results, Catholic Charities will send you a link to register for your appropriate internship position within our volunteer and intern management platform. This will be the place that Catholic Charities asks that you track your intern hours.
Your First Day: Bring the following with you (completed)