Industry professionals are invited to attend the Housing Oregon Industry Support Conference on Wednesday, September 18 and/or Thursday, September 19th at the Hilton Portland Downtown, 921 SW 6th Ave. Governor Kate Brown will be introducing a lunchtime panel discussion on the 2019 Legislative session.
The Annual Awards Gala is Wednesday evening, September 18, with social hour beginning 5:30 PM with dinner and keynote speaker Dr. Tiffany Manuel at 7:00 PM on Breaking New Ground: Building Public Will to Advance Affordable Housing and Inclusive Communities.
We have great workshops focused on affordable rental housing including:
- Three workshops on Permanent Supportive Housing addressing homelessness through PSH, a PSH development roundtable, and impacts of design and management decisions on PSH
- Stephen Brooks, JD is leading a workshop on Oregon Opportunity Zones sharing research he’s doing on behalf of a collaboration of Oregon foundations interested in this new funding opportunity
- Two workshops addressing equity and diversity in affordable housing development including increasing COBID Certified Firms (MWESB) utiization on projects and our industry’s role in supporting apprenticeship programs as a strategy to diversify construction trades
- Three workshops led by OHCS Multifamily Energy Program addressing advancing sustainability in multi-family housing, engaging residents to maximize energy savings, and Oregon’s 10-year plan to reduce energy burden in affordable housing
- Farmworker housing – the opportunities and challenges for expanding housing options for this critical Oregon community
Housing Oregon encourages industry professionals to consider joining us Wednesday afternoon Sept. 18 for a half-day workshop focused on building a more welcoming workplace:
- Inclusive Leadership: Bringing Self-Awareness, Intentionality and Action to Interrupt and End Micro-Aggressions
How to register for the conference
You can attend both days, Wednesday afternoon, Sept. 18 and/or all day Thursday, Sept. 19.
- Wednesday only, Sept. 18– To register CLICK HEREand select Option 3, Only $35.
- Thursday only, Sept. 19, Includes breakfast and lunch – To register CLICK HEREand select Option 5, Only $90.
- Both days, Wednesday andThursday, Sept. 18 and 19. Includes breakfast and lunch on Thursday. To register CLICK HEREand select Option1, $130.
Contact Brian at Housing Oregon if you have any challenges with registering. firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 475-6056.
Travel scholarships still available
If money is an issue for anyone, please let me know. Thanks to support from Meyer Memorial Trust, scholarships are still available for individuals from rural organizations, community of color led organizations, and smaller CDCs. Scholarships can reimburse you for mileage and hotel costs if staying over Wednesday night.