Married couples interested in learning more about adoption are invited to join Catholic Charities for an Orientation/Training Session this year. This class is a necessary part of our home study requirements and must be completed before a family may be considered for the placement of a child. The fee is $250 per couple which includes:
- Introduction to the “Adoption Journey”.
- Personal accounts from members of the adoption triad.
- Legal issues in the State of Oregon.
- Attachment, transracial, and raising adopted children issues.
- Effects of drug and alcohol use.
- The adoption process at Catholic Charities (our home study and our mission).
- Fee schedule and contract
- How to prepare for an OPEN ADOPTION.
- Time for questions
Upcoming dates are January/February 2015. Download the registration form here.
To learn more about adopting through Catholic Charities, click here.